HPPA and Erlang packages

Hi release managers!

I'd like to ask you about what to do with Erlang and its reverse
dependencies on hppa architecture. The problem is that there's a bug
with fork()+exec() which makes erlang FTBFS (and the currently built
packages are broken as well) on hppa (see [1], [2]). It seems to be
very complicated (as it's known and hasn't been fixed for about a
three months) and prevents new Erlang packages migration to testing.

So, what to do with Erlang in testing and unstable? I'd prefer to
remove erlang and its reverse dependencies from both testing and
unstable for hppa architecture (all the packages don't work anyway,
and nobody uses them, given that there's no bugreports). After the bug
will be fixed, all the packages will be eventually rebuilt.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2009/12/msg00035.html
[2] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.parisc/2403

Cheers!
--