packaging xserver-xorg-video-openchrome

Subject: packaging xserver-xorg-video-openchrome

Hi,

As you might know I'm adopting xserver-xorg-video-openchrome.
I have a few questions:

 * about the debian/copyright file :
   Provided that I don't change much of the package, should I add myself
   as copyright holder of the packaging ?
   Also as others already have added changes to the git repos, should I
   name each of the contributors or should I copyright it to the 'X
   Strike Force' ?

 * about debian/source/format : It's currently not present (so 1.0)
   Is there any good reason not to switch to dpkg-source 3.0 (quilt)
   format ? I'm wondering because as all X packages it uses xsfbs so it
   already uses quilt. I tried and it worked! But there are currently no
   patches in the series so I would not see any issue if there are some
   between xsfbs and format 3.0. Moreover, I found only
   xserver-xorg-input-evtouch to use format 3.0 (quilt), so if no other
   packages uses it there might me a good reason that I'm not aware of.

   If it must stay on format 1.0, I still need the dependency on quilt
   because of xsfbs but as said above there are no patches in the
   series, so lintian complains about it, is this a problem ? (I believe
   removing and adding the dependency to quilt when the series changes
   is error prone, so I better leave it there.)

 * about the uploaders field, should I keep the previous maintainer in
   the list (maybe I should ask him directly), according the wiki [1] I
   think I should remove him (unless he finally sponsors me of course).

1: on http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/Contrib
|  This field must be limited to those who are actively maintaining the
|  package, and must be pruned regularly to avoid having too many
|  people. This is something we are currently failing at.

 * on git usage: As I suspect (after lurking on mentors@l.d.o) that my
   package will not make it on the first attempt. Can I prepare the
   package locally and only push to git.d.o once it's accepted (to avoid
   leaving many trials in the history).

 * on upload, should I use mentors.d.o or can I put the prepared package
   somewhere else (on my website or any other place you suggest). I
   guess mentors.d.o use the same kind of interface than the archive so
   It might be a good exercise to start using dupload or dput.

Thanks

--
Julien Viard de Galbert                        <julien@vdg.blogsite.org>
http://silicone.homelinux.org/           <julien@silicone.homelinux.org>