Re: svn management, git, etc

On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 09:20:41AM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:45:59AM +0000, David Nusinow wrote:
> > As per http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/08/msg00599.html we now
> > can use git.debian.org to hook in to alioth and do our work. We don't have
> > any projects set up yet, and I'm not sure exactly how this will go down,
> > but the biggest barrier outside of our own knowledge has fallen. If people
> > are really chomping at the bit, I'm willing to start putting something like
> > the apps in to git so we can get started learning it. The apps may prove to
> > be a big challenge though, since we're bundling them.
>
> I started writing some documentation (mostly copied from the wiki and
> READMEs), available via
>   git clone http://people.debian.org/~barbier/git/xsf-docs.git/
> If these pages are moved to Alioth, people could learn how to use git
> by writing docs :-)

Nice! I'll request and alioth "xorg" project right now and we can maybe use
these docs as a first stab once it's ready. It usually takes a few
days/weeks to get a new project implemented on alioth from my previous
experience, but since we're still in the early phases I'm happier with
that. In the meantime maybe we can use the patch export/posting features
that the kernel guys use to trade patches for the docs.

 - David Nusinow