Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r2129 - trunk/driver/xserver-xorg-input-mouse/debian

El sábado, 13 de mayo de 2006 23:30, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin
escribió:
> Author: ender
> Date: 2006-05-13 17:29:59 -0400 (Sat, 13 May 2006)
> New Revision: 2129
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/driver/xserver-xorg-input-mouse/debian/changelog
>    trunk/driver/xserver-xorg-input-mouse/debian/rules
> Log:
> * Added DRIVER_MAN_SUFFIX=4x in order to ship mouse.man as mouse.4x (I
>   *know* that it makes lintian shout).  I did this because otherwise it
>    would conflict witn mouse.4 from manpages.

	I know that I earned a lintian error as follows:

E: xserver-xorg-input-mouse: manpage-in-wrong-directory
usr/share/man/man4x/mouse.4x.gz

	But I wanted to ship mouse.man in some place at least.

	Why? It conflicts with mouse.4 from manpages:

MOUSE(4)              Linux Programmer's Manual                MOUSE(4)

NAME
       mouse - serial mouse interface

CONFIG
       Serial mice are connected to a serial RS232/V24 dialout line, see
ttyS(4) for a description.

DESCRIPTION
   Introduction
       The pinout of the usual 9 pin plug as used for serial mice is:
[...]

	What should we do about this? I am thinking of bugging upstream, but I would
like Daniel's opinion for example, as you could have fallen into this pit
some time ago.

	Regards,

		Ender.
--