Re: My Plan For Uploading Modular To Unstable
On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 20:41 -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> > I have a question about general xorg7 version policy. Will you
> > generally be supplying the last "stable" release (7.0 at the moment, right?)
> > to Debian unstable, or do you plan to upload xorg cvs?
> I haven't fully decided. Currently in experimental there's 7.0+, which is
> all of 7.0 plus the individual components that upstream has currently
> decided to release since (i810, libxkbfile, etc). I may put some CVS stuff
> in to unstable if it seems prudent. The ati driver looks like a good
> candidate right now for example due to benh's fixes, even if it requires an
> updated server.
ati-1-0-branch doesn't. :)
> I'd like to stick with what upstream deems stable though for the most part.
Indeed, I think in the long run we should track individual module
releases in sid and CVS snapshots as desirable in experimental, modulo
Earthling Michel Dänzer | Debian (powerpc), X and DRI developer
Libre software enthusiast | http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=daenzer