Re: My Plan For Uploading Modular To Unstable
On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 05:02:01PM +1100, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > So we're finally at the end of a very long line. At the end of this week
> > I'm going to upload the whole of 7.0 to unstable.
> Yippee! Well done, David.
Thanks Drew :-) Actually, I was wondering what the status of modularized
xprint packages was? I can't build libxaw8 currently without them, and I'd
like to not leave people depending on it out in the cold right away if I
don't have to...
> I have a question about general xorg7 version policy. Will you
> generally be supplying the last "stable" release (7.0 at the moment, right?)
> to Debian unstable, or do you plan to upload xorg cvs?
I haven't fully decided. Currently in experimental there's 7.0+, which is
all of 7.0 plus the individual components that upstream has currently
decided to release since (i810, libxkbfile, etc). I may put some CVS stuff
in to unstable if it seems prudent. The ati driver looks like a good
candidate right now for example due to benh's fixes, even if it requires an
updated server. I'd like to stick with what upstream deems stable though
for the most part.
- David Nusinow