Re: Logitech PS/2 Wheel Mouse frozen after update to Debian 3.01

El viernes, 6 de enero de 2006 14:03, Mathias Essenpreis escribió:
> Hi,
>
> After upgrading to Debian 3.01 my mouse doesn't work anymore in X.
> It is frozen, means that the server doesn't recognize any input. I also
> don't use the AllowMouseOpenFail option but the server starts still. So
> obviously it doesn't recognize that there's something wrong with my
> mouse.
>
> I also had a look on my log files (/var/log/) . I couldn't find any
> meaninful entries. During
> boot every time I get a pciehp module start failure. I don't know if
> this is
> related to my problem. I use Kernel 2.4.x.
>
> In /proc/misc proc/interrupts there are also entries for PS/2.
>
> Furthermore I tested the functionality of my mouse. It works fine under
> Windows.
>
> Perhaps the problem is a little bit deeper inside the system?

	Excuse me, are you sure that you have PS/2 kernel support compiled in? I
cannot find any line stating this in your dmesg oputput. Maybe you do not
have proper module inserted.

	Please test it in console with gpm, for example, in order to drop my
theory. :-)

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--