Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r1051 - tags

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 12:26:08PM +0100, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> I agree that a Mesa upload is overdue (anybody heard anything from
> Marcelo?), but I still don't like the package naming as currently in
> xorg SVN. I think something like libgl1-mesa-(sw)x11 would be more
> accurate than libgl1-mesa-swrast, but I absolutely don't see the point
> of going through the pain of renaming libgl1-mesa-dri to libgl1-mesa, as
> the former is more accurate.

+1 on moving libgl1-mesa-swrast to libgl1-mesa-swx11.  As for -dri and
-mesa, the only reason why that happened is because I already had
libgl1-mesa for the library and libgl1-mesa-dri for the modules in my
tree before Marcelo did 6.4.x.  To be honest, I don't care either way.