Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r991 - trunk/debian

On Sun, Jan 01, 2006 at 02:57:21AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> thanks for your prompt reply.  IMO the best solution is to move XKB data
> files into their own package.  Maybe xkbdata is a good candidate for now,
> since it looks like this is the component name for X.org 7.0 (do not
> hesitate to correct me if I am wrong).

Right.  xkeyboard-config is a good candidate for this.  The way I dealt
with it in Ubuntu was to make a preinst script for xlibs that trashed
all unmodified XKB files, and have xkeyboard-config depend on a new
xlibs.  I think.

Hairy, I know. :\

Cheers,
Daniel