Re: [request for help] lablgl && xorg

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 02:22:24PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Without the -lXxf86vm the linker failed complaining about a missing
> > symbol (XF86VidModeQueryVersion IIRC).
> Sounds like you're using the nVidia proprietary driver, which isn't
> correctly linked.

Interesting, this may explain why other people trying to build the same
package does not encounter the issue. Howerver, I indeed have an nvidia
graphic card, but I'm using the x.org "nv" driver and not the "nvidia"
proprietary one since the latter has several issues with sleep. Still,
I've built the nvidia proprietary driver, is it in somehow in use even
if I don't load the "nvidia" module?

While we are it, excuse my ignorance, but how can the X driver I'm using
may influence the building of a graphic library? I mean, buildds have no
X server running but they're still able to build graphic library
packages ...

Many thanks to all the debian X people in the mean time!