Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r410 - trunk/debian

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 10:13:32AM +0000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin <branden+svnadmin@deadbeast.net> wrote:
> > Author: dnusinow
> > Date: 2005-07-25 23:33:23 -0500 (Mon, 25 Jul 2005)
> > New Revision: 410
>
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/debian/TODO
> > Log:
> > - Update TODO.
> >   - Splitting out xterm is *really* appealing, but not a priority. Let's
> > 	just push ahead to the modular tree and get it for free there.
>
> Splitting out xterm is independent of the modular tree, since xterm already
> builds by itself, and has no relationship to the modular tree development.

Right, but we'll be forced to do this for the modular tree anyway, so I
feel like we should just press ahead towards that, and take care of it
then. When we get there, I'd like to ship your version of xterm directly,
rather than whatever X.Org may ship in the modular tree.  If someone feels
like specifically maintaining xterm for Debian (Branden?) we can split this
out now, but I unfortunately don't have the time to handle it myself right
now.

 - David Nusinow