Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r393 - trunk/debian/patches

On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 11:02:20PM -0500, X Strike Force SVN Repository Admin wrote:
> Log:
> - Prepare to begin moving patches to subdirectories

Eugene pointed out to me that quilt can handle subdirectories just fine,
which is something I hadn't realized about quilt. We should definitely take
advantage of this, since the current scheme is pretty obviously a hack. I
think we should stil keep numbers in front of the patch names and make sure
the patches apply in that order. However, the numbers should be
per-subdirectory, rather than global numbers (i.e. alpha/1_foo.diff and
m68k/1_bar.diff both exist). I'll hammer this out and document it later
once I've thought it through more carefully.

 - David Nusinow