Re: X Strike Force X.Org X11 SVN commit: r385 - trunk/debian

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 12:18:39AM +0800, Eugene Konev wrote:

> Hello David.
>
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:00:18 -0400
> you wrote:
>
> > > 5+SVN > 5. That should be 4+SVN, probably.
>
> > Nope, sadly -4 is in the archive already since I messed up a couple of
> > things in -3. -4 is in good shape so far though, so it may be able to
> > go in
> > to testing. While I'm tempted to get -5 with your SELinux fix in
> > first, I
> > think unblocking things like gnome from migrating to testing is
> > probably
> > more important.
>
> The problem is: if you build and install packages from current svn,
> you won't be able to upgrade them once -5 is out as -5+SVN > -5.

Good point. To be honest, I don't fully understand Branden's numbering
scheme. Let's go with -4+SVN then, and we'll also borrow a page from the
debian-installer team, who uses UNRELEASED (rather than
unstable/experimental/etc) until the package is actually built for upload.

 - David Nusinow