Start preparing xfree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-2

Hi all,
	a few hours ago 4.3.0.dfsg.1-1 has been uploaded and it will hit
the mirrors within tomorrow.

It is already time to start working on the next release.

So far Branden has already commited to trunk a fix for #242485 and it is
perfectly fine with me.

>From the TODO list, I think we should proceed in the following order of
priorities:

- ---> subliminal message: fix whatever I broke with 4.3.0.dfsg.1-1 <---

* #240889: add AMD64 support
patch seems ok.

* #240581: xserver-xfree86: [ati/radeon] support "ForceMinDotClock" option
patch is already upstream.

* #245044: xdm: cannot resolve hostnames from Xaccess Indirect lines.
url to the fix is in the BTS.

* Apply Adam Conrad's VIA driver patch (on debian-x).
patch doesn't look extremely intrusive (since it stores almost everything
in via/).

* Grab SiS driver from HEAD per Thomas Winischhofer.

* steal {U,}XTerm* app-defaults updates from HEAD and resync patches

* move patch in 009_use_xf86config-4_in_xf86config.diff to
  911_debian_XF86Config_to_XF86Config-4.diff

* 006_dont_ref_rman.man.diff: different fix exists upstream; steal it from HEAD

* 013_xkb_symbols_euro_support.diff: different fix exists upstream; steal it
  from HEAD

* Fix upstream install rule that prevents Xcursor themes from being
  installed on s390.  As I understand it, this is client-side stuff and
  there's not really any reason it shouldn't be made available on the s390
  architecture.

* Fix other gratuitous differences between s390 debehlper files and the
  generic ones by fixing upstream Imakeage to not turn extra stuff off when
  the XFree86 X server is not being built (like xmodmap.std).  It ships
  libXxf86vm.a but not the corresponding manpages.

* more cosmetic/lintian cleanup if there will be time for it.

For this release, other than the 4 bug fixes, we will work mainly on
resync and cleanup. If -1 and -2 will not show big problems we might want
to consider slightly bigger changes for -3, like the rewrite
xserver-xfree86 debconfage. Time will tell.

Again as -1 this release will have only one major/risky change applying
the via patch from Adam Conrad.

Without repeating Branden and myself on each entry, be sure that licences
are ok when pulling stuff from cvs HEAD.

Thanks
Fabio

- --
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.
<user> fajita: step two
<fajita> When in danger or in doubt, step two is to scream and shout.