Re: Future of X packages in Debian

* Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione@fabbione.net> [2004-06-18 09:02]:
> * Should we regard X.Org or FreeDesktop.Org as our upstream source?

Yes, I'd go with one of them.  Keith Packard is also in the NM queue
and interested in helping out.

> * Should we go our own way starting from the "sanitized" XFree86 CVS
>   snapshot we've prepared?

I think this would be a really bad idea.  I think it would be much
better to try to get all of our patches integrated upstream, and I
hear that the new upstream people (X.Org/FreeDesktop.Org) are much
more interested in integrating porting patches than XFree86 was.
Since Keith Packard is also on our lists, I hope that he'll help with
forwarding patches upstream and getting them integrated.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com