Re: installation report (d-i 20040408)

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 04:59:50PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2004, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>
> > * Bruno Majewski <bruno@pubnix.qc.ca> [2004-04-11 18:28]:
> > > (11)    Configuring XF86 was painless due to the fact I had read-edid +
> > > mdetect installed and rebooted afterwards, before installing XF86.  The
> > > installer (or is it debconf?) made it possible. The only gripe I would have
> > > is the lack, that I remember, of a "test" button to make sure the chosen
> > > settings do look ok.  But if you do not have read-edid & mdetect installed,
> > > ouch.
> >
> > fabbione, any idea about this?
> >

> afaik the "test" button is a red hat thingy but I will discuss with the
> XSF (in CC) and see how complex would it be to have it.

It could be done, but I haven't thought carefully about a design for it
yet.

I'm a little uncomfortable with launching a potentially machine-locking
program like the XFree86 X server in the midst of an install.

It's a lot nicer to wait until after the machine is installed to do such
things.

Nevertheless, I am open to suggestions.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I just wanted to see what it looked
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    like in a spotlight.