Segfault with mga

I replaced a Nvidia based card today with a Matrox G550 for dual head use.

Now starting X ends up with my monitors reporting

  "Out of Range - 200.0KHz/274Hz"

That's from a Sony G500.  I'm also running a Micron branded 19", although
I can't remember the it's real make or model.

I'm running 2.4.1, with a 2.4.20 kernel.  I have installed the binary
drivers from the Matrox site (modules from the xfree86/4.2.1 dir):

./dri/mga_dri.so
./drivers/mga_drv.o
./drivers/mga_hal_drv.o

There are a few things reported in the log that seem like problems, but
I'm not sure if those are normal or related to this specific problem.

  http://hank.org/pcmcia/XFree86.0.log

It reports a segfault at the end.  Also, my config:

  http://hank.org/pcmcia/XF86Conifg-4.dual

I also tried with a single head and saw the same problem.  This is the
modified layout I tried for single head:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
#       Option          "Xinerama"      "on"
        Screen          "Screen 0"
#       Screen          "Screen 1" LeftOf  "Screen 0"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

If this is the wrong place to ask, please point me to where I should ask
for help.

The machine is a Athlon XP 1800+ on a MSI K7T266 board with 4x AGP.

Thanks very much,

--
Bill Moseley moseley@hank.org