Re: gnome-randr-applet and Xfree86 4.3.0 ...

Hi Daniel,
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 05:06:49PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Well, you can upload it to an external repository and put it on
> apt-get.org. XFree86 4.3, as it stands, cannot enter Debian until hppa,
> sh3, sh4, mips, mipsel, m68k and arm porters have a bash at it. s390 and
> hurd-i386 ports are underway (hi guys! haven't forgotten you), but yeah.
> Not near complete yet.
at least on the mips(el) end things can't be that bad. I'm running 4.3.0
for months now.

> I can do most everything but the porting. If anyone wants to port to any
> of the architectures listed above, *please* contact me. The Debian diffs
> most likely won't enter 4.3; myself and Mike Harris sat down and decided
> which patches to submit upstream, and submitted them, before 4.3.0. A
> few got submitted, a few got rejected, that's how it goes.
It's kind of hard for porters to:
 - know about the issues at all if you don't contact
   debian-<arch>@lists.debian.org
 - decide if they should spend time on your 4.3.0 packages if it's not
   clear what Branden will do in this regard. Will he pick up your
   packages or will he start from his current 4.2.1 packages?
Regards,
 -- Guido