Re: amiga framebuffer (aga) and xfree 4.2.1-3: shadowfb trouble

On Don, 2003-04-10 at 00:12, zmej serow wrote:
> please, help. x wan't start on my amiga a1200/b1240/32mb. it hasn't any
> nifty stuff like mediator pci :-) only default aga chipset, nothing more.
> xfree 3.3.6 from potato was ok, but i have to use new xlibs. so..
> xfree4 out-of-box yells in log about "symbol shadow-lalala unresolved" when
> it tries to load module fbdev_drv.o. then i've added "load fbdevhw" and
> "load shadowfb" to "module" section of my /etc/x11/xfree86config-4. ok, no
> more yellings about unresolved symbols, it even tries to set up normal
> graphic videomode, but then dumps out with this: "shadow framebuffer not
> supported for afb". ok then, i've turned "ShadowFB" option off. well, it
> doesn't work again - even not changing videomode! here is two my
> xfree86.0.log-s, first according to situation when videomode changes an
> second to last try (shadowfb = false).
>
> what should i do?..

Write or fix the code I'm afraid. :) There's definitely no shadow code
for afb yet (but it could be a big performance win - hint, hint), and
the non-shadow afb code in the fbdev driver seems broken. I'll happily
integrate fixes. :)

That being said, you could try 4.3.0 from
http://penguinppc.org/~daniels/README and see if that's any better.
Unlikely though, unfortunately, as I'm not aware of any changes in this
area.