Re: gnome-randr-applet and Xfree86 4.3.0 ...

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 05:31:38PM +0200, Xavier Bestel wrote:
> Le jeu 03/04/2003 à 15:44, Sven Luther a écrit :
>
> > Mmm, i have a m68k machine, it is a 68040@40Mhz only though, and it will
> > take ages to build X on such a box. I can do it though if it is needed,
> > i have to revive the box first though, and see if i have enough disk
> > space. I could try an NFS mount on a serial null modem link though.
>
> Maybe you'd better try to build xfree under uae - I think a 1GHz pc is
> quicker

that wouldn't work, you know, i believe uae is an amiga emulator, i
don't really think you can run linux on it.

What you mean is that i should try cross compiling, but that has
problems on its own, and i don't think that it is correct to upload
cross compiled packages.

That said, i ran a ppc linux kernel compiled on the m68k side back then
when i was still using my dual cpu m68k/ppc amiga, it worked fine, and
some debian/ppc people where amazed by it.

Now, maybe for testing a patch or something, it would be ok to cross
compile, i don't really know.

Friendly,

Sven Luther