Re: gnome-randr-applet and Xfree86 4.3.0 ...

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:29:51PM +0200, Sven Luther scrawled:
> Maybe things will change in the future, but that said, i think that if
> the debian porting effort happened during the same time as the XFree86
> developpment, it would be easier, since we would have to check the
> XFree86 changes in order of them not to break stuff for us and not the
> other way around. Also detecting broken stuff earlier and feeding our
> patches more quickly to upstream may make live easier as well.

That means that we'll be unable to support the version in sid, then.
There's only a limited number of maintainers and porters.

The issue here isn't skill or anything like it, just time, pure and
simple.

> BTW, do you per chance know if there is an XF86Config way of disabling
> the RGBA pointer ? I was developping a driver using an mid january CVS
> snapshot, but since i updated to 4.3.0 X crashes when the cursor reaches
> the bottom part of the screen in Gnome 2.2. I guess i will have to gdb
> it, and now that i have a borrowed second computer, it will perhaps be
> easier.

Set an Xresource:
Xcursor.core: 1

Another FAQ entry for me to add to -0ds3v2 (patch merge from hell - 4.3
branch, bits of HEAD, plus Michel's Radeon DDC patch), along with the
other 3 I haven't even written yet. *sigh*.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne