Re: Patch 4.2.0 to support ATI Mobility Fire GL 7800

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Kristjan Onu wrote:

>Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:42:53 -0500
>From: Kristjan Onu <konu@ottawa.com>
>To: debian-x@lists.debian.org
>Cc: Mike A. Harris <mharris@redhat.com>
>Subject: Patch 4.2.0 to support ATI Mobility Fire GL 7800
>
>By applying a patch by Mike Harris:
>
>ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/patches/XFree86-4.2.0-ati-radeon-mobility-FireGL-7800.patch
>
>to the 4.2.0-0pre1v1 source, I was able to get XFree86 running on an
>IBM ThinkPad A31p with the ATI Mobility Fire GL 7800. Given this,
>could the patch be incorporated into future debs of 4.2.0?

Since including the patch many months ago, I've received no bug
reports so far, so it should be quite safe to apply.

If you're interested in another person's experiences with the
patch, user "alphablue"  on irc.openprojects.net has one of these
machines as well, and has recently provided me feedback that both
2D and 3D work well for him.

Hope this helps.

Take care,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,