(NV) EE: Cannot read bios (5)

I have an apple Powermac G4 with Nvidia GeForce2 MMX 400 running last benh-kernel 2.4.20 rsync.

When I make:

>XFree86 -configure

appears a list of the avaible drivers and the following error (as far as I can remember):

(NV) EE: Cannot read bios (5)

or something similar the number 5 is ok, and it says that it is unable to read the bios or similar. Because I tried to install the Nvidia official drivers, I can't do this again, and I don't know how to uninstall and reinstall again XFree86 without uninstalling XDM, GDM or KDM, in order to recover the original files of XFree. Dselect starts showing dependence problems and asks about removing everything.

The XF86Config-4 file doesn't works ok, and doesn't has the Modes in screen section configured. Mouse input device isn't ok. Screen appears pink with darker horizontal lines.

Thanks for your help. I can sense the graphic enviroment...

PD: Can anyone tell Nvidia corp about making some sources and rpms for Debian-ppc linux and all ppc-distributions??? I don't know how.