Re: Potato, X 4.0.2 backport and MGA

> Daniel Franklin wrote:
>
> Have you read the DRI user guide and tried all the tests listed there to find
> the problem?

Read it repeatedly - it didn't help. As I said, I got it working with
unstable absolutely perfectly on near-identical hardware, X logs show the
module to be loaded an initialised correctly, kernel module is OK - it just
stubbornly refuses to actually work. Incidently, it's running 24/32 bpp
(again, the same on my other machine). 16 bpp doesn't work either. Both
should be supported with the mga driver in 4.0.2.

I just did a "strace glxinfo" to see if anything interesting showed up...
tonight I will compare it to the strace output from my Debian-unstable
machine to see if there are any interesting differences. I have a suspicion
the problem is something to do with xlibmesa3.

- Daniel

*      Daniel Franklin - Postgraduate student in Electrical Engineering
*      University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia  *  d.franklin@ieee.org