Re: MGA ( G400 ) DRI on an SMP box

>> "Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@debian.org> writes:

 >  > I'm gald it works on your UP athlon, but that doesn't help SMP users. =)
 >
 >  /me schedules a marchine swap for the Radeon...
 >
 >  I'll see if I can get something out.  The one SMP system I have access
 >  to has an evil NVIDIA card with evil closed drivers (and crappy, at
 >  that).

 Well, it's offtopic for this list (the machine doesn't even have Debian
 installed), but...

 I did swap the cards.  After some figuring out and fixing I got the
 current DRI CVS trunk to compile error free (don't ask, some european
 distribution is a royal PITA).  After getting everything set up, I must
 say I'm impressed.  2.4.0 SMP + DRI (radeon) is working trouble free
 (yes, I did test Quake out of curiosity, no, it's not the only thing I
 tested).  And a pretty damn good performance, too.  (This is a Dual P3
 system with a VIA Apollo chipset)

--
Marcelo