Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 06:54:49PM +0100, Christian T . Steigies wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 01:01:48AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
>
> > Actually, hmm. Did you also manage to get xutils to build? The X4 versions
> > of the fonts seem to depend on that package.
> Yes, I have and it works with the fonts, when I also install xserver-common...
> But startx does not work anymore then:
> startx
>
> /etc/X11/X is not executable

It's a symbolic link.

> /etc/X11/X -> /usr/bin/X11/XFree86
> The latter does not exist...

Do you have xserver-xfree86 installed?

> I can start XF68_FBDev by hand, but then I have to move the XF86Config file
> by hand to the new location.
> And if I do this:
> root@aahz:/etc/X11>ln -s /usr/bin/X11/XF68_FBDev  X
> startx (and xdm) work again. Not very nice for the user, but feasible.

This should only be temporarily necessary, until the 4.x server is working
on m68k.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    I must despise the world which does not
Debian GNU/Linux                |    know that music is a higher revelation