Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 02:46:44AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Well, the X client libraries and the X server are separate. I'm by no
> means an X expert, but at worst I'd imagine it'd be possible to just
> maintain the old m68k xserver-fbdev package as part of xfree86v3.
Well, currently its not, xfree86v3 is !m68k. And I don't really want to
build v3 again, it took even longer and due to some weird bug _somwhere_ it
never fully autobuilt (oh, think we have a patch in the sourcedependencies
now).

> If necessary, I think I can hack around things and arrange to keep
> xserver-fbdev in woody until someone tells me otherwise, if that's
You mean in the archive? That would be nice. Then I would still have to
upload without xserver-*?
Actually I never checked if the v3 server works with the old libraries, and
it seems nobody else did.

> You'd have to check with Branden about any technicalities though, I've
> no idea. And naturally, having a working xserver-xfree86 would be a much
> simpler and better result in all counts...
Maybe it works when built without module loader, I would upload that one.
But if it requires more fixing, I'd like to have 10 "fast" machines (fast=
it still takes a day to build) and 5 people to help, please.
Or at least some hints and patches.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/potato