Re: XFree86 4.0.2 status

On Sat, Jan 06, 2001 at 06:06:37PM -0800, Tor Slettnes wrote:

>     Philip> I'd suggest you go ahead and upload the client and library
>     Philip> packages, even if you can't make the server work.  That
>     Philip> way at least the autobuilder can start to clear the
>     Philip> backlog of packages that are stuck waiting for xlibs-dev
>     Philip> to become available.
>
> Good enough, I will make a NMU upload tomorrow.  (I just started
> another build, before seeing this message).

Why an NMU?  Please don't.  If you change the version number it will turn
the clock back on the dinstall.

If you absolutely have to make changes to the 4.0.2-1 sources, please do
them by stealth (e.g., do a binary upload with the same version number
despite the fact that your source doesn't match the official one).  I know
that's technically illegal but as long as you send me all the changes
everything will be fine.

Again, please, do NOT upload anything but 4.0.2-1.  Otherwise you will keep
X, and everything that depends on it, out of testing for at least another
14 days.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |    Please do not look directly into laser