Re: truetype XF4.0x

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

> In addition, rasterising fonts takes some time.  If your desktop
> machine is very slow, you're better off running a font server on a
> faster machine.

Also, the X server blocks while rasterizing fonts internally (at least it
didn't with XFree86 3.3.x; I'm not sure about 4.0.x), which makes the
computer seem to hang when using a new font. This is particularly
noticeable when using CJK fonts. It doesn't block when a font server (on
the same machine) is rasterizing fonts, though.

	Brad