Re: Hello

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Rudy Hardeman wrote:

> Happy nieuw year
>
> i have try to install the Xfree 4 but there were trobbeles during the
> install i upgrade the system
> and hav X running but on a resolution 800x600 and i want to run on 1024x768
> and the system wont do that and a nother problem my mouse, reacts badd if i
> move the mouse then he clicks and moves to the other site of the screen, I
> have a PS/2 Mous on the /dev/psaux
>
> aswel i downloaded the 2.2.18 kernel but kent find DRM support and AGP
> support in the kernel
>

> HELP ME, i have try all but it wont help

I haven't install Xfree4 yet, but I can write you that I don't think
kernel 2.2.X support completely agp bus and drm drivers. You must compile
2.4-test kernels -> I succesfully compile 2.4.0-test12 last week.
If you want some suggestions about it -> install devfsd daemon before
install the new kernel (the devices are changed and need devfsd daemon for
compatibility, if you you can find it (if not in Debian testing) at my
address http://arena.sci.univr.it/~roso/XPaolo.html).
Sorry, my page was writed in Italian, do not download kernel images in
this page because I compiled them whith athlon and via chipset support for
one of my friends.
Before compile read accurately linux/Documentation/Changes (You maust
upgrade something to compile it).

Happy new year,
      Beppe