Re: [Fwd: [Xpert] Re: XFree86 4.0.2 build problem on Linux (solution?)]

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 27, 2000 at 02:22:04PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > I have no building problems, I have "loading" problems. But thanks for
> > > the pointer.
> >
> > memcpy should never be referenced directly so I suspect you do have build
> > problems, even if they show up only at runtime.
> And why would that part work with 4.0.1 and (IIRC) 4.0.1RC3 but not with
> RC4? AFAICS the releavant source has not changed for quite some time, if I
> have looked in the correct place.

Don't ask me... I can only guess changes in the X or glibc header files.

> I will try again with 4.0.2 and if it fails to load again, I will look at
> that fix. If you give me a good reason to do that now, I will try to hack
> that in.

I don't think it's exactly the same problem, I just hoped it might give you an
idea of what goes wrong.

> Or maybe Branden has already included the fix as a debian patch? After all
> it should affect all builds and not only the ones on the slowest machines?

The architecture or whatnot may make a subtle difference deep down somewhere.

> BTW Egbert did not answer yet, maybe I should mail him in german to his
> university address? After the holidays?

Not the worst of ideas. :) He posted to the Xpert list today so you shouldn't
need to wait for after the holidays though.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project