Re: Where is libGL hiding?

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Michel [iso-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> Alexander Ehlert wrote:
> >
> > Hi I'm trying to get 3D running with my Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro,
> > I think 3D is supported on this card, anyway Suse offers some sort of
> > driver for XF4.0.. Anyway, where can I find Xfree 4.0's standard libGL
> > library, is there any package?
>
> The content search at http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages reveals xlibmesa3
> containins libGL.so.1.2, is that what you're looking for?

No it's not, because xlibmesa is the doing software rendering. I'm looking
for the libGL which supports the DRI driven cards. In the original
XFree distribution libGL is included in bin.tgz together with all other
libs which reside in the xlibs package with debian (excluding libGL).

Cheers, Alex

--

Awash with unfocused desire, Everett twisted the lobe of his one remaining
ear and felt the presence of somebody else behind him, which caused terror