Re: [oliver.poths@linsoft.de: XFree86 4.01]

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 09:49:34AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I couldn´t find a Debian-package for XFree86 4.01 neither for potato nor
> for woody.

You should've searched a bit harder.  The XFree86 packages are available on
any woody mirror in /dists/woody/main/binary-i386/x11/.  Look for all
packages that have a 4.0.1 in their names.  In addition, if you'd searched
the debian-x list on lists.debian.org, you would have found at least 5
references to the potato builds of these packages.  Once again:

deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf401_potato/i386/
deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ecpbotha/ xf401_potato/all/

These lines should be added to your /etc/apt/sources.list.

> May be i just didn´t see it.
> In that case could you tell me the package name ?

There's much more than just one package.

> In case there isn´t a new Debian XFree86 4.01 package yet : Are you or
> maybe anyone else working on it?
> Other Distributions like RedHat SuSE have it.

Why do you mention this?

My apologies if this mail is not the most polite one you receive today, but
you owe it to all the other people who also aren't willing to spend 5
seconds searching the web or reading to get the information they require,
instead opting to waste another person's time (in this case the debian X
maintainer's).

--
charl p. botha      | computer graphics and cad/cam
http://cpbotha.net/ | http://www.cg.its.tudelft.nl/