Re: [ch@zpr.uni-koeln.de: problems with keyboard and 4.0.1-11]

Am Freitag, 15. Dezember 2000 17:22 schrieb Michel Dänzer:
> In case noone noticed, we already kind of solved his problem yesterday. :)
>
> Anyway...
>
> Michael Meding wrote:
> > I guess there is a broken symlink somewhere in your system. I once had
> > this also. But I don't recall how to correct this.
>
> Interesting idea. I remember someone talking about the xkb files lying
> somewhere in /etc/X11. Maybe /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb should be a symlink to
> there?

On the defective :-) machine , are all the links in /etc/X11/ set up
correctly ? In the subdirs as well ?

> Michel

I saw that after sending out my 2c. Anyway, the XKB couldn't load...
problem is rooted somewhere else. I myself had this problem in the beginning,
but used in those days the stuff from dri.sourceforge.net and not the debian
packages. Then in some point in time IIRC the debian packages had the same
problems.

It should work right out of the box, shouldn't it ? The german layout isn't
something out of the ordinary, at least that is what I think ;-).

Greetings

Michael