Re: [jstevens@eng.mcd.mot.com: Xfree broken]

[Error messages from John]

[Branden -- will the Xwrapper.config 'console' or 'root' option prevent
client connections from other hosts? Or does this effect only who can
run X locally, as I hope it does? :]

Bummer about not being able to use ssh. (Though I am surprised the
firewall would let X connections work, but not ssh! If I had to firewall
only one, I would have chosen differently. :)

I also fear I wasn't clear in my previous email -- remove the whole
'-nolisten tcp' bit, including the 'tcp'.

You will either need to figure out how the MIT magic cookies work, or
use the xhost +host options (or xauth, which I think is the magic
cookies) to enable the connections from elsewhere.

HTH. :)

* John K. Stevenson <John_Stevenson@eng.mcd.mot.com> [001213 10:08]:

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''