Re: [mongoose@users.sourceforge.net: X upgrade policy]

[Don't Cc me, I'm on the list]

>> Terry 'Mongoose' Hendrix II <darkskye@mindspring.com> writes:

 > It seems to be that gtk depends on X 4.0.1+, and that caused my working
 > xserver to be purged and replaced.  Still, I want to be able to use
 > 3.3.6-18 and utah packages for G400 and G200 - and they're not in woody
 > anymore.  My gripe is that I can't do a new install of 3.3 and utah on
 > any machine, or even ( by using debian ) replace the xserver and libs I
 > lost.

 You might want to look in /var/backups/dpkg.status.* in order to figure
 out what pulled the new X server in.  Most people complain because this
 doesn't happen automatically.  My first guess would be
 task-x-window-system-core.  At any rate, it can't be libgtk1.2 itself.
 You might want to take this with the utah-glx maintainer, because it
 seems it's not possible to install utah-glx on woody right now:

ysabell:/home/marcelo# apt-get install utah-glx
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  utah-glx: Depends: xserver
E: Sorry, broken packages

 xlibs is a different issue.  The short version: that's ok.

 HTH,

--
Marcelo