Re: [mongoose@users.sourceforge.net: X upgrade policy]

>> Seth Arnold <sarnold@willamette.edu> writes:

 > Well, I am at least partially correct in the sense that Utah-GLX does
 > not work with 4.0.1. It only works with versions of 3.3.x; a version
 > most decidedly much older than 4.0.1. That is my definition of 'past' --
 > something that once upon a time worked, but does not work any longer.

 Although a very convenient definition, it doesn't work either.  The
 point in question is GL support.  Noone is even *thinking* about
 getting Utah-GLX to work with 4.0 (that would be a major waste of
 effort), but right now there are people who would prefer to use Utah
 over GLX for a bunch of different reasons: to name one, DRI's resource
 management is different than Utah's, and Utah's has some advantages for
 some people.

 > Whether it is better or worse, I am not prepared to make this sort of
 > value judgement.

 What value judgement are you talking about?  This is a (measurable)
 technical issue.

--
Marcelo