4.0.1-11 breaks text and images on SiS 86C326

Hello all,
	I have been using the new X server packages, and have been quite happy,
up through 4.0.1-10.  However, when I ran gdm after installing 4.0.1-11,
the image was missing - it was replaced in fact by a bit of a dilbert
comic that I had been looking at when running 4.0.1-10.  Also, no text
was drawn.  However, new windows could be created, and the background
color and the color of regions could be set.  e.g., knowing what SHOULD
appear on various menus, I was able to log in and log out.
	Does anybody know a simple fix for this, or should I wait for upstream
to fix it?

-BenRI