Re: Tracking XFree86 CVS on a Potato system

* Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@xfree86.org> [001211 10:30]:
> First of all, I'd like to know whether building Branden's packages on
> a Potato system yields a usable version of XFree86.

Thanks for the note about not needing CC:s. I never know when I see
posts from new people. :)

You can indeed build Branden's packages for potato, but Charl P. Botha
has done this already! I submitted the URL he gave for this a while ago
to google, so it should be able to find him and his packages without
effort. (It would also be in the archives, but that takes more effort to
search than google. :)

Of course, I don't know if he tracks Branden as quickly as Branden
tracks CVS -- so, Charl also wrote a quick description on building the
4.0.1 source packages Branden makes on potato.

But, if you are truly making this a development box, why not go all out,
and run woody, what with its often updates to everything? :)

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''