Re: the continuing adventures of XFree86 4.0.1

"Christian T. Steigies" wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2000 at 02:52:39PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Looked at xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bus yet?
> Only so much as to use "generic" pci code for m68k as well. I need to know
> where the pcidata module is defined.

xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/scanpci ?

> Shouldnt it be enough to just jet it return silently? There is nothing to
> scan here,

What about the m68k machines that do have PCI?

> maybe that would be sufficient for a quick hack (and mabye I could recompile
> and copy that module without rebuild the whole of X?).
> Maybe there is some hackers documentation which allows me to understand this
> quickly? I do not want to become an xfree hacker, I just want a small patch.

The code is the best documentation ;)

No, seriously, the man to answer such questions is probably Egbert Eich
<eich@xfree86.org>.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and the DRI project