Re: How to start X during bootup as user

On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 01:50:01PM +0100, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
> Hi all :-)
>
> I tried again at home. "console" in the Xwrapper.config doesn't work from
> init, but "anybody" does now. Maybe there was a type in it at work...

That's because X servers started by init don't have a controlling tty that
is a virtual console device.  That's the definition of "console" access.

--
G. Branden Robinson             |   "There is no gravity in space."
Debian GNU/Linux                |   "Then how could astronauts walk around