Backspace key acting as delete button in X3.

I don't know how many people have run into this problem, but I personally
did, and then I saw a few people complaining on IRC about it, so I thought
I'd take this chance to point out the problem.

If you're still running X3, and you've put the X packages on hold, and you
use woody, then you may have noticed your backspace key (maybe others
too?) stop functioning correctly.  This is a result of X4 having xkbcomp
somewhere X3 doesn't expect it, and therefore, is unable to find it.  I
rectified the problem, by linking /usr/X11R6/bin/xkbcomp into
/usr/X11/lib/xkb/xkbcomp, and then making a directory called compiled in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb.  After all this, I restarted X, and all was well.

I don't know if what I'm telling you is a cheap hack, or just plain
stupid, but it worked for me, and I figured I'd relay that to the rest of
you.

Regards,
Justin Wheeler
firehawk@datademons.com