Re: Sudden problems with keymap (NORWEGIAN KEYMAP)]

> I have been using the XFree4 debs successfully for a while now, but this
> morning I upgraded to phase2v30, and suddenly my keyboard is not working
> right.
>
> Let me explain: At least in Norway, we have two different Alt-keys -
> "Normal" Alt, or Meta in emacs, and AltGr, which is used to type letters
> such as '@' (AltGr-2), and lots of others.  Now after restarting X, the
> AltGr is just a second Meta, which, I think you would agree, is
> sub-optimal.  At least it makes it a bit hard to write e-mail..  :)

Had the same problem here.

If you check the startup log from X you would see that there is probably a
problem parsing the file /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/no.

MY file was missing a comma (,) a line at line 30 or something, sorry don't
remember exactly but you should be able to find the faulty line.

--
Per Christian Moen - pcmoen@online.no