Re: [aaron@eazel.com: xfontsel]

* Branden Robinson in "[aaron@eazel.com: xfontsel]" dated 2000/10/09
* 20:31 wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from Aaron Brick <aaron@eazel.com> -----
>
> From: Aaron Brick <aaron@eazel.com>
> Subject: xfontsel
> Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 12:11:35 -0700
>
> sorry to bug you. xfontsel dies on me mysteriously when i click on
> anything in its window, saying "Error: XtMakeGeometryRequest - parent
> not composite." i would be trying to solve the problem if i had any
> clue what that error meant, but i don't, and so i hope you can
> provide a little insight. the system is halfway to woody - X is
> 4.0.1-0phase2v13.

I was going to mention the same problem in ghostview and gv as well, it
seems to be something in the Xt library based on the function name but
I haven't had time to do a backtrace, maybe I'll try that now...
doesn't seem to dump core, guess I'll either have to look at the source
or hope someone has already fixed it.

--
shaky recall