Re: Inclusion in the Debian consultant list

Hi Luca,

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 02:09:43PM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 20:48:27 +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
[..]
> > The mail setup is way uglier (/org/www.debian.org/mail/.mailfilter on
> > www-master), on which email do you want to receive consultants mails (and
> > spams) ?
>
> $ ssh gismo@www-master.debian.org
> Permission denied (publickey).

$ ldapsearch -H ldap://db.debian.org -LLL -b "dc=debian,dc=org" -x host=wolkenstein allowedGroups
dn: host=wolkenstein,ou=hosts,dc=debian,dc=org
allowedGroups: debwww
allowedGroups: mirroradm
allowedGroups: press

> Anyway, please use my personal email address, the one I am writing from.

Done.

> > Don't you think we should move that to a wiki page so that people add
> > themselves ?
>
> Exactly because the wiki page is not under our control, I do not
> consider it official.

What is the point of an official list of consultants while we cannot asset at
all skills of that consultant ?

> > While we can filter vendors that do not sell the last Debian version, there is
> > little added value in manual processing of consultants.
>
> I disagree with any automatic addition to www.d.o, which means that IMHO
> manual processing is always required for consultants/vendors/events/...

While events/vendors have metrics that allow moderation (does the vendor still
sells up to date Debian), I still wonder what type of moderation can be applied
to consultants beside spam filtering.

--
Simon Paillard