Re: [joe@powerfulcms.com: Fwd: Consultant Addition]

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 11:24:50AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> JFYI (forwarded with permission).
>
> While we are at it, and given that the consultants@d.o address is meant
> to manipulate public information anyhow, I wonder if we cannot simply
> turn that address into a "please submit a bug report against
> www.debian.org". That would give visibility to pending requests, as well
> as out the consultants team, given that anyone with access to webwml
> will be able to work on the list.
>
> Just my 0.02€,
> Cheers.

Hi Stefano,
thank you for the notice.
I've also noted a huge queue in the consultant list, because mails to
consultant@d.o are also forwarded to webmaster@d.o, and I was wondering
what to do about it.

madamezou@wolkenstein:/org/www.debian.org/mail$ cat .mailfilter | grep
'CONSULTANTS'
CONSULTANTS="debian-archive-debian-consultants@master.debian.org
joey-consultants@master.debian.org andreimpopescu@gmail.com
giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org"

These are the people now in charge for keep up-to-date the consultant
list or at least people who receive the mails directed to consultants@d.o
(and for this reason I've added them in CC, even if I think they read
debian-www).

In addition, on [1], is also listed Noèl Köthe.
So Andrei, Giuseppe, Joey, Noél: do you have still time for this task? If
not, any volunteer?
Remember that is not requested to be a DD/DM to do this: any volunteer
and contributor is welcome.

WRT Stefano's proposal (redirect request for additions in the BTS), IMHO it could be a regression
of the current workflow: the idea is to delegate and extend tasks
regarding the website, not to concentrate them in few hands.

Cheers,
Francesca

[1] http://www.debian.org/intro/organization
--
"Ford!" he said, "there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want
to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out."