Re: re-organize how to contribute documentation "per-profile"

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> Out of curiosity in response to various DPL inquiries about "how can I help
> Debian?", I've reviewed a bit the various pieces of documentation on the
> subject and compared it with what other distros do.  A remarkable difference
> seems to be a "per-profile" organization of the available material,
> i.e. organizing the "how to contribute" page with a top-level distinction
> among, say: developers, translators, bug triager, artists, donors, etc.
>
> I believe there is some value in such a distinction, simply because the users
> interested into helping out usually knows pretty well what they are able and
> willing to do.  I hence suggest to reorganize the content of
> http://www.debian.org/intro/help according to the various profiles.
>
> Just for reference, here a few links to what others (random sampling, not
> necessarily representative) have been doing in that respect:
>
> - Fedora: http://fedoraproject.org/en/join-fedora (scrolling a bit down)
> - Ubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.com/community
> - OpenSUSE: http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:How_to_participate

Good idea.
I just found at wiki.d.o page "Debian for non coder contributors" [1].
I think it can be a good start point. We can start from this wiki page and
when it will be more or less finished it can be copied to www.d.o.

 1 : http://wiki.debian.org/DebianForNonCoderContributors