Re: FYI & RFC: bug categorising

Le 23/04/2011 10:35, David Prévot a écrit :
> [ Just made aware of this old thread via IRC, thanks ]
>
> Le 12/12/2009 16:20, Simon Paillard a écrit :
>> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 04:25:37PM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

>>>  I haven't enabled this view as default because I'm not too sure what
>>> others might think about it, and also because I don't think that this is
>>> the final call.
>
>> As mentionned in IRC, uncategorized bugs should be displayed first.
>
> +1

Sadly, I didn't manage to do so, I might be missing something obvious…

>>>  More importantly I think it might make sense to use more categories,
>>> but I haven't found ones that catch a fair bit to be really helpful
>>> instead of just stretching the entry part.
>
>> Split bugs about content or design/CSS ?
>
> That would be a good start, once triaged those, we may have a better idea.

As you can see [1], I just started with the following [usertags]:
   + Content [content]
   + Design [design]
   + Documentation [doc]
   + Packages.debian.org [packages]
   + Planet.debian.org [planet]

I just set up the default display [1] tho show these, and started to tag
some bugs. Sadly, we lost the tag classification (confirmed, patch,
wontfix) we used to have [2], but it may be a bit messy to use both [3].

  1: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=www.debian.org
  2: http://bugs.debian.org/www.debian.org?ordering=old
  3: http://bugs.debian.org/www.debian.org?ordering=www.debian.org-sort

As Rhonda, I don't believe it's the final call, but once understood how
it works, it's pretty easy to change and revert, so I guess it may be
useful as a start to show something new in the default view.

If you want to join the “let's have fun with usertags” team, you can add
one of the already defined ones like this:

bts user 'www.debian.org@packages.debian.org' , usertags 612244 design \
       , usertags 118592 doc , usertags 251218 content [...]

You may also untag stuff wrongly tagged, or even fix a few ones in the
process, it would be really welcome ;-).

Any though welcome about this, and follows the configuration used to
sort the bugs (Uncategorized at the end of the list gives the same result):

user www.debian.org@packages.debian.org
usercategory www-team
 * WWW-Team [tag=]
  + Uncategorized []