Re: Validation of webwml pages

Hi,

Le 14/03/2011 21:38, David Prévot a écrit :

>   As you may already be aware of, a script is run (every four hours) on
> www-master to spot validation errors [1], so we can keep up with the
> website quality.
>
> 	1: http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/validate/

> [...] We could send for example a
> daily mail to the coordinators of translations if a validation error is
> spotted in the language they handle.

Thanks to the kind answers so far, this idea seems to be welcome a
priori, so let's go. I intended to use already existing data from
webwml/english/devel/website/tc.data in order to avoid duplicated config
files, but must admit that extracting a Perl hash embedded in a WML
file, to feed a poor ten lines Shell script is quite a headache...

So, unless someone gives a hint for a proper way to import Perl data
from a WML file, I may simply prepare a script with yet another tiny
configuration file (associate language code with a list of mail
addresses). There is anyway a benefit: no need to be listed as a
coordinator to receive the alert and vice versa. I'll of course
configure addresses already asked to receive such alerts, and the
configuration file will be on CVS so anyone will be able to add and
remove themselves.

Le 15/03/2011 05:04, Andrei Popescu a écrit :
[...]
> I'd very much like to be notified of my breakages and additionally
> anything under
[...]
> webwml/english/consultants

Might require some extra trick, I had in mind something as simple as: if
the $lang_code file is not empty send a mail (once a day, call in the
lessoften cronjob for example). You could always receive the en file if
it's not void. Well, we can also add a grep and mail feature, if that's
really wanted, even a grep in every language to spot consultant related
issue (could spot some weird encoding issue sometime)...

FWIW, I also intend to send a weekly mail to a “nip-ticking team” if any
file is not empty, so we can try and fix the errors if language team didn't.

Le 15/03/2011 16:12, Eder L. Marques a écrit :

>>> 	1: http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/validate/
>
> Does it possible for us translator to run this script locally? This
> could help to avoid commit broken files.

I moved the Perl validation script to ../cron/scripts/validate (wonder
if I shouldn't have put it simply in webwml/ with other scripts) and the
Shell script used to create the files in cron/parts/999Xvalidate.

Le 16/03/2011 09:25, Holger Wansing a écrit :
> David Prévot <david@tilapin.org> wrote:

>> That said, Holger, if you read me so far, thanks in advance if you
>> could fix the MailingLists index page [2] ;-).
>>
>>	2: http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/validate/de

> This was already fixed by someone else.

Well you broke another one in the mean time, really need to fire up this
automatic mailing script ;-).

Cheers

David