Re: DVD

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 03:24:15PM +0000, Paul Powenski wrote:
> I would like to try Debian but to be honest you documentation goes from the
> ridiculously simple - to how about what debian 6 dvd is the latest since
> there are 8 of them with NO indication as to why there are 8 - then nothing
> to help you understand what you need - to the most techincal information that
> only a hardened debianite could use.

Like the one already present at http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/ ?
« The first CD/DVD disk contains all the files necessary to install a standard
Debian system.  To avoid needless downloads, please do not download other CD or
DVD image files unless you know that you need packages on them. »

However, this message could be made available at
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/ too or emphasized.

Could you please tell us on which precise page/url you think this information lacks ?

> Just tried in the past and if you only want heavy dedicated and only debians
> use why don't you just say so since the regular i.e. centos user cannot make
> much sense without spending alot of time figuring out what is what.

I don't understand what you mean.

> just a simple message like there are 8 dvd's here and 8 is stable or up to 6
> is stable.
>
> this is just such a mess.....
>
> sorry to be so critical but honestly just a simple text to say what is going
> on would be a huge help

Thanks and best regards.

--
Simon Paillard